YouTube Shorts is a way for anyone to connect with a new audience with just a smartphone and the Shorts camera in the YouTube app. YouTube’s Shorts creation tool makes it easy to create videos that are up to 15 seconds long with the option to capture multiple clips.
You can also use various creative features, including:
Music & sound: Add a song or use other audio to create your own Short. Learn more.
Text: Add text after recording a Short and use Timeline to control when it appears and disappears.
Speed: Choose to accelerate or slow down recording.
Timer: Set the countdown to record hands-free and choose when to automatically stop recording.
#Shortsin the title or description of your video to help our system recommend your Shorts across YouTube.
Learn more about ShortsHow do I record a Short?
To create a short video on YouTube:
- Sign in to YouTube on mobile.
- Tap Create .
- Tap Create a Short beta.
- To record a clip, hold the capture button or tap it to start recording and then again to stop.
- Tap Undo to remove the previous video clip you recorded or tap Redo to add it back.
- Tap NEXT to preview your video tap NEXT again to add details to your video.
- Add a title (max 100 characters) to your short video.
- Tap Select audience to choose whether or not your Short is made for kids. Learn more.
- Tap UPLOAD to finish.
We’re always testing new ways to deliver content to viewers. This is especially true for Shorts. Right now, viewers may find your Shorts:
- On our homepage and the Shorts shelf.
- Featured on your channel page by default. Learn more.
- Selecting the “What to Watch Next” module.
- Searching YouTube.
- Checking their Subscription feeds.
#Shorts in your short video’s title or description to help our system recommend your Shorts across Youtube.
For more info on hashtags on YouTube, go to Use hashtags for video search.
As you record your short video on YouTube, tap Add music to view a selection of tracks you can add to your short video. These songs are free to use!
- Tap Add Music to select from our catalog of tracks in many languages to enhance your Short. Music chosen using this feature is only for personal, non-commercial use, unless you have the appropriate licenses.
- You can choose to use the sound from other eligible Shorts to create your own short-form masterpiece. Learn more.